Wood, Lesli S.
View Full Bio
Having gained years of trial experience as a public defender, Lesli Wood now focuses her practice on defending cases in the areas of personal injury, commercial lines, property damage, and insurance defense.
- University of Washington School of Law – J.D., 2005
- 2004 Lesani Award Recipient: Award for contribution to civil rights
- 2004 Public Interest Grant Recipient: Award for contribution to public interest
- 2004 King Cty. Washington Women Lawyer’s Assoc. Award Recipient: Award for contribution to community service
- Wayne State University – B.A. in Psychology, summa cum laude, 1997
- Dean’s List – School of Science (1996-1997)
- Washington State Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Washington
Lesli has obtained multiple defense arbitration awards, summary judgment dismissals, and numerous positive settlements and results for her clients. While working with the Innocence Project, Lesli argued a three-strikes case before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Women Lawyers Association
Personal Interests and Activities
In her (very rare) free time, Lesli is a professional musician who is well-known for her role as a community organizer and advocate for empowering young women through music.